How was Plaosme started?
Plaosme.com is the result from the implementation of the Lao SME E-Commerce & Export Development Programme (SEED) to support Lao SMEs in their e-commerce and export capability.
Plaosme is an initiative of the Department of Import and Export (DIMEX) of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of Lao P.D.R. and the Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LNCCI) and operated and managed by barterfli Holdings.
The key objectives of Plaosme are:
There are 3 components:
Plaosme will enable:
- Lao SMEs including Micro-enterprises to get the necessary support and services that would enhance their export success
- Laos to become an active economic partner in ASEAN Economic Community 2015.
Through Plaosme, Lao SMEs will be able to:
- access verifiable business communities in ASEAN to secure regional business opportunities and invite for investment interest
- receive training on the rudiments of exporting, with the focus on the export documentation and process involved.
- obtain company level support to promote their products to a regional market via online modes
- leverage on support and training to use of HS Codes and relevant Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) such as ASEAN Free Trade Agreement (AFTA) to trade more competitively, with the Consultants providing the platform and the wizard to guide the Lao SMEs. The Lao SMEs may engage chargeable value-added services to perform the actual compliance process.
- access leveraged services such as business matching (including investment and technology), banking and logistics to support their export activities
Ultimately, this programme seeks to empower the Lao SMEs community to become:
- a stable source of local employment